|Desert Island Discs
||[28 Nov 2008|01:31pm]
An interesting quandry...you're trapped on a desert island. You need to choose 8 pieces of music to listen too for the rest of your life, one book (apart from the complete works of shakespeare and whichever holy book your beliefs pertain to) and one 'luxury' (one can only presume that some kind of music player is already catered for on the island!) which has no survival value whatsoever.
So what would you choose, and why?
1.Skin and Bones - The Foo Fighters.
My current favourite tune by the foos and strangely enough what I would choose as my first dance at my wedding (if I have the choice that is).
2. Elgar's Cello Concerto - I love this piece of music, especially the first movement, would have to be played by Jaqueline Du Pre.
3. Enter Sandman - Metallica
For those days where I'm just feeling angry! GRRR
4. Soul Creek - Black Stone Cherries
My current favourite track of all time. Its such a great tune to let go and rock out to.
5. Sweet Child of Mine - Guns N Roses
Just for the riff...never tire of that riff.
6. One - Apocalyptica.
Metallica played on 4 cellos...Classic.
7. World in Union/Jupiter - GUstav Holst/Charlie Skarbek.
I love this piece of music anyway but when you put Skarbeks lyrics to it....cant get much better...reminds me, obviously, of Rugby.
8. California Dreamin' - Mamas and the Papas
Reminds me of Summer, group holidays and just chilling out and relaxing.
Replay by Ken Grimwood. A great unheard of book which I could read again and again. All about the choices we make in life and whether we'd make them any differently given the chance, and the consequences of that change.
A portable Dvd player and a copy of the Crow. The only film I've truely never tired of.
So...what would your choices be?
|Superhero Movie Oscars
||[19 Nov 2008|01:22pm]
He's back after 46 weeks (give or take) to present you with his very own idea: Superhero Movie Oscars.
Your votes count people, these are the for the greatest of all time, not just this year, the categories and nominations are as follows:
Best Film Ever:
Superman (Richard Donner)
The Dark Knight
Other (please state)
Best Hero/Actor ever:
Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr)
Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman)
Batman/Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale)
Batman/Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton)
Superman/Clark Kent (Christopher Reeve)
Other (please state)
Best Villain/Actor ever:
The Joker (Heath Ledger)
The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman)
Magneto/Eric Lehnsher (Ian McKellan)
R'As Ahl Ghul (Liam Neeson)
Other (please state)
Chris Nolan (Batman Begins/Dark Knight)
Richard Donner (Superman)
Brian Singer (X-Men 1&2/Superman Returns)
Other (please state)
Add more if you've got 'em...I'm bored :)
|As its a New Yahre and everything heres a meme nickeded from Rarg
||[02 Jan 2008|09:39am]
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Worked for a genuine Arts Organisation
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1. Join a Band - Did but no longer in said band...long story
2. Loses weight - Lost 2 stone, put it back on again and then some
3. Change Job - Done
4. Go to counselling - Done and still Doing
5. Write a book - Nope.-----
1. Lose Weight
2. Get Fit
3. Write a book
4. Find a new job still in the arts
5. Sort my money out
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Quite a few people actually.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Only ENgland this year I think.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More money, a happier disposition, a better half.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15th December. When we showed the Dr Who Christmas special nativity in the church, what I wrote. Was brilliant.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working with the Young people at church
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping on top of my mood.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Depression hit big time in the autumn...but apart from that not too many injuries.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My brand new Laptop bought in the last week of the year...I havent thought of a name for him yet.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My youngest brother...went away in September still a child (all be it a large hairy one) came back in December as a young man...he's really grown up a lot and I'm dead chuffed to see it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas, The return of the Master, the Heroes finale.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Long ROad to Ruin - Foo FIghters
Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier (for now)
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter...but only but a couple of pounds
iii. richer or poorer? Richer at the moment because of consolidating loans...but that won't last.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Smiling, laughing, paying attention to others.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being miserable, being terribly self obsessed.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my mum, dad, two brothers, nan and two cats....god bless us...every one.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes....far too quickly (quicker than I ever have before...very strange), it didn't work out.
22. How many one-night stands?
1 nearly one night stand...
23. What was your favorite TV programme?
Heroes, Doctor Who, Top Gear, Life on Mars
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes...but thats only coz i met him for the first time this year...i didn't know him last year so didn't hate him...
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
An entire year without dying...i got it...go me.
28. What did you want and not get?
An entire year without depression.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29 and to be honest, I can't remember what I did.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Sorry to harp on about it but...if I hadn't had a major bout of depression in the autumn i think the year would have been much better.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Moving away from black and discovering that Royal blue is a good colour for me.
33. What kept you sane?
The love of my mum.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kari Byron off Mythbusters
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
How a man we didn't vote for became Prime Minister
36. Who did you miss?
Lots of people
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Tarn, Mike, Gini...too many to mention
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Life is never as bad as you think it is.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm the voice inside your head
You refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down
Bring you to your knees
|Some photos from Memorabilia Dec 07
||[27 Nov 2007|11:30am]
Me and Mick Foley
Mick Foley, John 'Bo Kent' Schneider and the General Lee
Kenny 'R2D2' Baker
Richard 'Jaws' Kiel and his unfortunate Haircut
The General Lee
'Alright Dave' Trigger from Only Fools....who invented the Cybermen!
|People what I met on Saturday....
||[26 Nov 2007|10:46am]
Mick Foley - Legend of Wrestling alias Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love
John Schneider - Bo Duke/Jonathan Kent
The Boys from the Dwarf - Craig Charles, Danny john Jules, Chris Barry, Robert Llewellyn and Norman Lovett
Greg Grunberg - Matt the psychic Cop from Heroes (also in Lost and Alias)
And Many MOre!!!!
Much fun indeed!
Photos to follow
|Dragonlance the Movie
||[23 Nov 2007|09:48am]
After watching Beowulf I thought to myself, with a decent screenwriter they could really make a good go of making a Dragonlance movie (or three). The effects would be amazing and the animation is at a level now that you could get a really decent looking movie out of it. Like I said you'd need to good script writer to clean up the often trite language of the books, but the story itself as a whole is solid and enjoyable.
But who would play the heroes? As proved in Beowulf where they made Ray winston into a 6ft5 muscled warrior, while still retaining enough to be recognisable as Ray Winston you could have any living actor to play the parts. Ages could be changed by the animation and even races could be adapted. You could even have the same actor as the basis for both twins...My first thought was Gary Oldman playing both Majere brothers.
I have more ideas as to who I'd cast but I'm interested in your thoughts first...
|I'm 'ere ta Kiw Yor Mornstah! - Beowulf 3D!
||[23 Nov 2007|09:40am]
Went to see Beowulf last night...in 3D! An excellent film I thought. Graphics fantasic, performances from Ray Winston (although his accent grated a little to start with), Anthony Hopkins and Angelina Jolie.
There were some interesting points regarding the animation....
- Grendal actually looked like Crispin Glover...while still reamining a fish-Zombie.
- Animated Angelina Jolie is much finer than Actual Angelina Jolie is at the moment (it was nice to see Angie with her curves back for once).
- And 6ft 5, Muscled, blonde, beefcake Beowulf still managed to 'be' Ray Winstone...
Go and see it...its ace.
||[17 Nov 2007|11:43am]
"You were my Doctor."
He was my Doctor too....most enjoyable...would love to see a full episode with the two of them
|Beware: Retailer Con
||[28 Oct 2007|01:42pm]
I went in and it didn't have any shoes larger than a size 12....
|Youtube finds of the week - Greatest Mashups
||[27 Oct 2007|09:55am]
Mashup: The joining of two different styles of song to make one glorious whole (with a 'w'.)
This week, some of my favourites as found on Youtube.
You may think "OH NO! WHY!!!" But take some time to listen to them then make a decision.
1. Bad Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr Vs Michael Jackson
2. Boulevard of Wonder Walls - Green Day Vs Oasis
3. Slow my Bitch Up - Kylie Vs The Prodigy
4.Every Car you Chase - The Police Vs Snow Patrol
5. Sweet Child like These - Foo Fighters Vs Guns N Roses
And Just for Fun....a Movie trailer: Lord of The Matrix (and not the Matrix you're thinking of!)
||[23 Oct 2007|04:26pm]
Who'd* have thought that writing the Nativity, Doctor Who style would be so difficult...at least the church agreed to it! Shocking....
* pun intended.
|Just found this on the BBC website - SIMON PEGG TO PLAY SCOTTY!
||[12 Oct 2007|02:40pm]
Comic Pegg set for Star Trek film
Simon Pegg's latest film Run Fat Boy Run topped the UK chart
Hot Fuzz star Simon Pegg is poised to play Scotty in the new Star Trek movie.
The British comic has been offered the role of the chief engineer, played by James Doohan in the classic TV series, his manager has told BBC News.
The film, directed by Lost creator JJ Abrams, focuses on the early lives of Captain James T Kirk and Mr Spock.
Star Trek's 11th big screen outing also stars Eric Bana, Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy, and filming is due to start next month.
Pegg's manager Dawn Sedgewick said he had been offered the part, which was now subject to "the usual paperwork".
US actor Chris Pine is in talks to play the young Captain Kirk, trade publication Variety has reported. Bana will play Nero, and original Spock Nimoy has a cameo role.
The film will show the crew meeting at the Starfleet Academy and embarking on their first mission.
Pegg, 37, found fame in TV comedy Spaced and went on to find big screen success by writing and starring in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
His other films include Run Fat Boy Run and the forthcoming How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.
Abrams and Pegg previously worked together on Mission: Impossible III, starring Tom Cruise.
|Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
||[04 Oct 2007|06:47pm]
Foo fighters best album so far? This reviewer this so, but that may be because its new...
Songs such as Erase/Replace, Come Alive and The Pretender make me want to have Dave Grohl's children...but then I've always wanted to that.
purchase this gem...you won't be dissapointed....
|Youtube finds of the day!
||[30 Sep 2007|09:53pm]
to make you chuckle...in fact...to make you laugh till some wee comes out!
And one to make you go...oooooh i wanna see that film!